My God

I 'm in chains and not free,
for I'm no longer the man I used to be;
I've grown worse,
I no longer plead or beg, I use force
Please someone come to my aid,
before the little good in me completely fade.

I've grown old and weary although I'm still young,
I can't just cover this up with a song
like in the movies

I have shame painted all over my face
though I'm in the time of Grace.
Dear lord God, save me from myself
I've promised much more than I've said
with my conscience judging me, I'm always on trial
Judas and I have a thing in common; Betrayal
but I won't kill myself because i would die
and I'll never give up; I'll always try
To be better
and impress my master
so that my later would be greater
so much that it can't be told by one teller.
For i serve a living God.
who can break me free from any captivity
so I'll live for the purpose which i was created for.

Comments