ON THE NIGHT I DIE

What shall I say when my soul is called upon? Excuses or Evident of a life well-lived or otherwise.

On the night I die what regrets would I have?
Not being able to take risks or too scared to make mistakes?

On the night I die,
I sit back on me table and asked meself what have meself impacted on me generation?
What would be said of me when I’m no more?
Good or Bad things?

On the night I die,
Would I appear blamelessly blameless?
Or corrupt with a mind polluted?

On the night I die,
I sit on me table to check myself if I did and achieved what was supposed of me.
Did I live a life of so much pleasure without measure?
Or a life of truth with no fear of terror?

On the night I die,
I wonder “Have I been an example to someone somewhere somehow?
Or synonymous to evil?

On the night I die,
Would I be missed and never replaced?
Or
Replaced and never be missed?
Have I housed the homeless or made someone homeless?

So on the night I die,
I looked at my lived life and there’s little to write home about.
Few truths and myriads of lies,
bad decisions and Wrong choices
and I’ve come to see that my lived life is all but worthless before my creator.

And if by chance I’m given a second chance,
To change my ways,
Right my Wrongs,
True my Lies
And make straight the bends I have in my life and be worth his saving grace.
I’ll learn to love loving the truthful truths,
Accept things not only on my own terms, conditions or what-so-be-it.
So on the next night I die:
If I don’t die tonight,

Would I say to me creator?
Lord, I have done your will
And the earth would stand in my favour a say
“A life well spent”
Then when I become an example for others to follow,
A lifestyle they’ll want to borrow
Only then I’d say to them

“The life I now live is not I but Christ”
And would I receive a crown from the king of glory
In the land of no tomorrow.

What would you say about me on the night I die?

What would be said of you on the night you die?

Comments